Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Deed #23: Combined Federal Campaign

Each year government employees have the opportunity to donate to thousands of charities via the "Combined Federal Campaign" fund. Since non-profit organizations are not allowed to solicit from government employees throughout the year, annually they are given the opportunity to donate to a charity of their choosing. This year I decided to give a portion of my salary each month to the Wounded Warriors Fund and two charities that fight hunger. I am so thankful for those warriors who have put themselves in harms way so that I can maintain my way of life. I am also appalled that with all that we have as Americans that we can still allow people to go hungry each day. It doesn't add up and it doesn't make sense. I wish I could do more and I know that I'll have to start donating my time at a soup kitchen eventually. But for now, I hope I have reached some of you and perhaps even compelled a few of you to think about what you ate for dinner (or what you didn't eat) and ask yourself if people in this country should go to bed hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment