Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Deed #21: Promises Kept

241 days ago I pledged to run a marathon in honor of my friend Roslyn Schulte. On September 18th, I made that goal a reality. Promises kept. Not only did I finish the race, but I also did so within my goal of 3:30 minutes and rasied $1,000 towards her Memorial fund as well.

After training for 18 weeks, the marathon was a culmination of over 350 miles on my feet. I endured blisters, back/knee/hip pain and a fear that I may not meet my goal. No matter where I was in my training though, I never once forgot why or who I was running for. Marathon weekend consisted of great memories for me. I sent the medal that I was given for completing the marathon to Bob and Susie Schulte. I felt like it belonged to them, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment