Sunday, February 6, 2011

Good Deed #27: Home Base

I try to never miss an opportunity to honor our country and those who have fought to defend it. Call me old school, but there are just certain things that I do not compromise over. Tonight I read a post about some servicemembers that were on base to watch the Super Bowl and did not stand during the playing of the National Anthem. While they have served their country, they have also neglected to adhere to a very proud tradition. Just as I read this post, a few minutes later I got an email to donate money towards servicemembers who have suffered from traumatic brain injuries. I couldn't pass it up. This is an injury that is often overlooked, I'm glad Fenway has decided to team up with New Balance to bring awareness and raise money for these brave Patriots. If you'd like to donate please visit Run to Home Base.

No comments:

Post a Comment